Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby

My beautiful boy turned one on the weekend. I've lost count of how many times Hubby and I have commented on how quickly the year went.


It went too fast.
One minute he was tiny in my arms, babbling and gurgling and marveling over the colours of the world, and the next he was crawling, climbing over furniture and speaking whole words. Sometime over the last year I blinked, and he grew into this robust little boy who's got a mind of his own and tells us all what's what.

I adore him.

His birthday celebration was a quiet one in comparison to his brothers and sister's first birthday. No big party for Froggie, because we live so far away from family and friends. But my mother came down from Seddon to stay with us for a few days. He had the presents and cake, and we all went swimming and then on to McDonald's for tea. We loved all over him, kissed him and cuddled him and asked where the time went.


Here's to the next year...may it be beautiful and full. I promise to dream dreams for you, and pray hard and work hard to see them come true. I promise to love you and teach you. I promise to be fun, smile at you a lot, and act silly with you. I promise to keep thinking you're amazing and special. Happy birthday my beautiful boy.
xo

2 comments:

  1. The pictures you posted are beautiful and your little man looks pretty big for his first birthday. He look like he had a fun time.
    Feel blessed and enjoy what the next year brings.
    Jillian

    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Froggie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    Sounds like McDonalds was perfect :)

    On to your fifth then? ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...