Meanwhile, here’s a lovely little award that I received over a month ago, but only just figured out how to post it!
Thanks to Megs at “It started with a haircut” for awarding me this!
Here is what you have to do when you receive this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated
Since I’m fairly new to blogging on this site I was only following a few friends blogs, but I’ve had a look around and other than the beautiful Megs, here's my 7 Kreativ Bloggers:
Widge @ “My Guide to Surviving and Enjoying life’s mundane”
stinaz81@ “Given blessings, missed in the rush...”
Kathryn @ “From the Inside...Out”
Simoney @ “Greatfun4kids”
iwrite92 @ “a writers life”
sisterem @ her fabulous self-titled blog
Cat @ “The Basso Tribe Adventures”
So here goes:
7 things about me (that you may not know....)
1. I’m kinda terrified of glitter. Yes I know how weird that sounds. It’s just the way it sticks to your hands and then it gets on your face and sparkles when you turn your head and ohhhh I hate it!! So imagine my delight when my little princess brings her creations home from school – there’s ALWAYS GLITTER!!! And she knows I hate it, and she thinks it’s funny...there’s been many a scene in The Warehouse when she finds this stupid sparkly glitter HAT, puts it on and runs at me menacingly (yes, menacingly!) and then I get horrified looks from other people when I start YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE at her to GET IT AWAY!!!!!! *Sigh*
2. When I was in my teens I kept a journal (back then they were made of paper, cos the internet didn’t exist) and I named it Jimmy. I talked about Jimmy as though he was a real person and blamed him for all the stupid stuff I did. eg. I left the heater going in my room, mum’s mad, I’d sigh and say “bloody Jimmy!” Mum thought he was my imaginary friend, although she knew I didn’t think he was real, cos I was about 14 at the time. But blaming Jimmy would make her laugh, or at least smile a bit, which was enough to get me off the hook. Little did she know, Jimmy was real, and was in fact the perfect man cos he listened to all my problems and didn’t ever try to hit on me or eat the last of the mint slice (unlike SOME people around here!!!)
3. I once went through a stage of wearing pink every day for several months, I mean LOTS of pink, I even had pink shoes, just because I overheard someone say “she would never wear pink”.
4. I quite often let out a big loud YAWN and stretch during a sad movie scene so that whoever is in the room might think that is why my eyes have tears in them.
5. I almost always wear two pairs of pants at a time, because you just never know when you’ll need a spare pair of pants and I hate carrying a bag.
6. I have a secret chocolate stash that my children don’t know about, and not because I intend to surprise them with it, but because I don’t want to share it. I have had a secret chocolate stash since I was 12 years old and first began my monthly chocolate cravings.
7. I daydream a lot about owning a dusty secondhand bookstore, that has old comfortable couches and wooden coffee tables in front of big windows. We have poetry readings at night with scented candles and only a few people show up and they look scruffy and dreadlocked and wear woollen scarves, even in summer. It’s a cool place, but none of the customers have any money so I guess I don’t sell many books, but it doesn’t matter cos the conversation is so good.